Aggregator
Patrick Mahomes’ reworked Chiefs contract now worth over $500 million in record-breaking move
California’s peculiar primary system forced the GOP to get strategic
Pregnant Alex Cooper breaks silence on rumors of ‘marital issues’ with Matt Kaplan
Pregnant Alex Cooper breaks silence on rumors of ‘marital issues’ with Matt Kaplan
Bank Of Japan Governor Ueda Hospitalized, Will Miss June Meeting
Bank of Japan's 74-year-old Governor Kazuo Ueda has been hospitalized for medical treatment and will miss the June 15 to 16 policy meeting, the central bank said on Wednesday. It is the first time for the governor, who chairs the BOJ's policy discussions, to miss a scheduled meeting since the central bank began deciding policy under the current arrangement in 1998.
The governor will submit a written statement on his view on policy but will not participate in next week's vote, the BOJ said in a statement. Ueda is expected to remain in hospital for about two weeks getting treatment for an infected liver cyst, work remotely and attend the next July 30 to 31 policy meeting, the central bank said.
The central bank is widely expected to raise interest rates next week to levels unseen in three decades to counter the plunging yen, crashing bond prices and reverse soaring inflationary pressures from the Iran war.
Ueda's hospitalization is unlikely to affect next week's decision, with a rate hike highly anticipated, but it will complicate the BOJ's communication about what may come next, said Mari Iwashita, executive rates strategist at Nomura Securities.
"With Ueda's absence, the BOJ may decide not to send clear signals on the future rate path. Given uncertainty on how long it may take for the governor to fully recover, it's also become more unclear on whether the BOJ would hike again this year."
The BOJ said that Deputy Governor Ryozo Himino will preside over the rate review in place of Ueda, while the other deputy governor, Shinichi Uchida, is set to host the post-meeting press conference.
The announcement follows one the BOJ made in late May that its Deputy Governor Uchida had been discharged from hospital after recovering from leukaemia treatment.
The yen was roughly steady on the day against the dollar, which traded at 160.5, a level traders watch closely as it has triggered official intervention in the past.
Since taking control of the BOJ in 2023, Ueda has spent the first half of his tenure dismantling the remnants of his predecessor's massive stimulus as rising commodity and energy costs and intensifying labor shortages propelled inflation above the BOJ's 2% target.
The BOJ is now at a critical juncture as it moves away from withdrawing stimulus in baby steps towards fighting inflation - something it has not done for decades.
Ueda's hawkish speech earlier this month underscored the BOJ's changed narrative that led markets to near fully price in the chance of a June rate hike, yet which saw no upside for the yen. At the previous meeting in April, three of the BOJ's nine board members already voted in favor of hiking its short-term policy rate to 1% from 0.75%, and since then two more, Junko Koeda and Kazuyuki Masu, called for a near-term rate hike.
However, Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi, known as an advocate of loose fiscal and monetary policy, has voiced reservations over the BOJ's rate-hike plans (because like every other politicians, she is focused on the "wealth effect" first and foremost, even if it means galloping inflation).
Some analysts said Ueda's health issue may offer Takaichi an opportunity to influence the BOJ policy including by selecting his successor if the governor were to step down. Yet according to Norihiro Yamaguchi, senior economist at Oxford Economics in Tokyo, such a scenario now appeared unlikely.
"That said, it is also true that Takaichi is likely to appoint a more dovish person if she were to appoint a new governor," he said.
Tyler Durden Wed, 06/10/2026 - 18:00Texas Tech AD issues defiant response after outrage at Brendan Sorsby gambling scandal decision
2026 FIFA World Cup dark horses: The five nations that could make a surprise run in the tournament
Fewer Americans think birth control, gambling, having kids out of wedlock are acceptable
WWE star Sheamus shows off gruesome head injury in bloody ‘gym fail’
How no-nonsense judge in Karmelo Anthony’s racially charged murder case made sure trial was ironclad
US launches new strikes on ‘multiple targets’ in Iran, CENTCOM says
Smug elites ignoring the dangers of so-called ‘asylum seekers’ is getting people killed — just look at Belfast
East Village residents lose bid to stop new NYC homeless shelter in their neighborhood
2026 FIFA World Cup Los Angeles Guide: Where to stay, what to do and how to navigate LA during the tournament
RFK Jr. Responds To "Explosion" in Tick-Borne, WEF-Touted Alpha-Gal Syndrome
Authored By Ben Bartee at Armageddon Prose Substack
In response to a question on the topic posed by ZeroHedge reporter Liam Cosgrove, HHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. recently addressed the astronomical increase in alpha-gal syndrome, a tick-borne infection that causes potentially life-threatening allergic reactions to red meat:
“Last week, I went to New Hampshire… to address this explosion of alpha-gal, and we take it very seriously. One of the epicenters is Martha’s Vineyard where 50% of the adult population is now affected. It is really a devastating disease. You can’t eat red meat for the rest of your life. We are looking at medications that can serve as both prophylactics and also potentially cures for it. We’re funding those studies now and we’re working with the companies that are making those. We’ve also launched a major effort on tick control through a number of different strategies that address deer populations… Three ticks that are causing these, most of the tick-borne diseases, all breed on deer. And we’re looking at strategies for eliminating their breeding capacity.”
Secretary Kennedy tells me HHS is addressing the “explosion of Alpha Gal,” a tick-borne disease that leaves people with a life-long allergy to red meat.
Efforts include searching for a cure and reducing tick populations.
In the quoted tweet, you’ll see NYU “bioethics” professor… https://t.co/D1lLclY4bt pic.twitter.com/fWXxqmXqmL
Related: Bird Flu Engineered to Infect Humans Could Be Lab- Produced ‘in Months,’ Former CDC Director Says
Over the last month, a groundswell of anecdotal accounts and videos from farmers and ranchers across the country have flooded social media, depicting massive tick infestations on their properties.
Man films strange box of ticks dropped in woods -- one of many such reports pic.twitter.com/CWtMpaDzAm
— Ben Bartee (@BenBartee) May 20, 2026Apart from how to effectively treat alpha-gal syndrome for those infected, another questioning hanging in the air, as posed by Cosgrove but unaddressed by Kennedy, is whether the documented 5,566% increase in Alpha-Gal over the past ten years is an organic phenomenon or, like COVID, a man-made one.
“THE TICK THING IS NUTS” – JOE ROGAN & CONGRESSMAN TIM BURCHETT DON'T MINCE WORDS: “It’s Bill Gates.”
Joe Rogan: “A good friend of mine got bitten by a lone star tick and now has Alpha Gal syndrome. He can ONLY eat eggs and vegetables.” One bite. No more red meat. Ever. Your… pic.twitter.com/vfOaNbTIFp
As I reported in detail at Armageddon Prose in May against this backdrop, the national security state has a long history of weaponizing ticks at notorious research facilities like Fort Detrick and Plum Island, including proposals to dump diseased ticks on Cuban sugar plantations in the 1960s in order to undermine its economy, with the ultimate aim of triggering regime change.
Via Principia Scientific:
“During the Cold War, the United States maintained an active biological warfare program from 1943 until President Richard Nixon ordered its termination in 1969.
Centered at Fort Detrick in Maryland*, the program explored various delivery systems for pathogens, including insects such as fleas, mosquitoes, and ticks. One notable experiment, Operation Big Itch in 1954, involved releasing approximately 670,000 fleas from cluster munitions to test their viability as disease vectors.
... with some work reportedly conducted at Plum Island, where large colonies of both soft and hard ticks were maintained. Wildlife, including deer and birds, moved freely between the island and the Connecticut mainland, creating potential pathways for pathogens to reach local populations. The program gained additional momentum during the Kennedy administration. In response to Cuba’s alignment with the Soviet Union, the United States launched Operation Mongoose, a covert campaign aimed at undermining Fidel Castro’s regime. Some proposals reportedly examined the use of disease-carrying insects to target Cuban agricultural workers, particularly in sugarcane and tobacco fields, in an effort to disrupt the island’s economy. While the full extent of these plans remains debated, declassified documents confirm that Project 112, authorized in 1962, expanded biological weapons testing and included research on mass insect production.
Between 1966 and 1969, the U.S. military released 282,800 ticks labeled with radioactive carbon-14 along bird migration routes in Virginia. The goal was to study how ticks—and the diseases they might carry—could spread across wide areas. Notably, lone star ticks, previously not found north of the Mason-Dixon line, soon established populations on Long Island.”
Related: After Years of Covering For Fauci, Washington Post Acknowledges Beagle Torture
According to the account of a retired CIA black ops agent interviewed by investigative reporter Kris Newby in “Bitten: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Biological Weapons,” the covert weaponized tick program actually went live during Operation Mongoose, in which he participated.
Via The Spectator:
“On December 18 last year, Donald Trump signed into law an order to 'review and report on biological weapons experiments on and in relation to ticks [and] tick-borne diseases.' The investigation is long overdue but even so, the facts it uncovers will come as a shock to many. A growing body of evidence shows that during the Cold War ticks were tinkered with and used as delivery mechanisms for biological warfare agents. And these weaponized ticks may have been released both intentionally and unintentionally on an unsuspecting public by the US military…
I met a man in his seventies who had been in black ops in the CIA. He told me that the strangest thing he ever did was drop infected ticks on Cuban sugarcane workers in 1962. I verified the details of what he told me – it turned out that the dropping of infected ticks in Cuba was a subproject of Operation Mongoose, which aimed to weaken Fidel Castro’s position in Cuba by destroying its economy... The US entomological bioweapons program was directed by the Chemical Corps, headquartered at Fort Detrick, Maryland.
The program was almost as large and secretive as the Manhattan Project to develop the atomic bomb. In 1951, Willy Burgdorfer, a medical zoologist with experience working with ticks and Q fever, was recruited from Basel, Switzerland, to conduct feasibility studies for Fort Detrick. His lab was based in the Rocky Mountain Laboratory in Hamilton, Montana, which was home to the largest living tick collection in the US. Burgdorfer often traveled to Fort Detrick, where he worked alongside former Nazi biowarfare scientists who had been allowed into the country through Operation Paperclip.”
Benjamin Bartee, author of Broken English Teacher: Notes From Exile (now available in paperback), is an independent Bangkok-based American journalist with opposable thumbs.
Tyler Durden Wed, 06/10/2026 - 17:40