Aggregator
Kalshi promo code NYPMAX: Trade $10, get $10 for Canadiens vs. Hurricanes Game 2
Catastrophic sign toxic tank could explode in Orange County as 40,000 evacuated
Anti-Israel activist Mahmoud Khalil to appeal to US Supreme Court in last bid to avoid deportation
Worker killed in NYC shipyard blast was trapped in boat’s belly, family says
USMNT’s World Cup roster expected to include stunning omissions
'Impossible To Negotiate With Ukraine' After School Dormitory Strike, Kremlin Informs UN
The last year of the Ukraine war has been marked by both warring sides remaining far from the negotiating table, instead opting for a battlefield solution, also as a deadly tit-for-tat drone and aerial war continues to unfold. This week things just got even worse concerning the distant prospect of restarting direct peace talks, something underscored by a fresh statement of Russia's Ambassador to the United Nations.
Russia's UN Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia said Friday after a massive Ukrainian drone attack on a college in Starobelsk (Starobilsk) in the Lugansk People's Republic that it's now impossible to negotiate with Kiev.
via BBC Hardtalk"This clearly confirms the treachery and non-negotiability of Kiev, which, with the encouragement of its Western sponsors, is not only not committed to a peaceful settlement, but also openly sabotages it," Nebenzia told a meeting of the UN Security Council.
"This deliberate attack on a civilian facility where children study and live, carried out at night when the dormitory was full, was clearly carried out with the aim of maximizing the number of victims," the Russian envoy continued.
The death toll from the Thursday overnight into early Friday hours attack has risen to at least 18, amid a massive rescue effort which went through Friday. At least 39 were initially reported injured.
Large-scale destruction was observed at the academic building and dormitory of the Starobelsk Professional College, which teaches students aged 14 to 18. Over 80 students were at the complex at the time of the attack.
Additionally, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said those responsible needed to be brought to justice, calling it "a monstrous crime" - given the "attack on an educational institution where children and young people are present."
The assault also included multiple strikes and drones, ruling out the possibility of an 'accidental' targeting, Amb. Nebenzia continued in his remarks. He further blasted Ukraine's western backers.
"Such strikes using long-range weapons provided to the Kiev regime by NATO countries, including drones, are being carried out with technical assistance being provided by foreign specialists from well-known NATO states," Nebenzia added.
State media also underscored that "He argued that the attack demonstrates that negotiations with the current Ukrainian leadership are impossible."
President Putin had on blasted the mass casualty incident as a "terrorist attack by the neo-Nazi regime" while vowing swift revenge. He has reportedly asked for input from the Defense Ministry, meaning that plans are in motion for a likely imminent, heavy aerial assault on Ukraine.
Tyler Durden Sat, 05/23/2026 - 14:35‘30 Rock’ actor Grizz Chapman battled health issues, was ‘struggling to stay alive’ before tragic death
‘30 Rock’ actor Grizz Chapman battled health issues, was ‘struggling to stay alive’ before tragic death
Kyle Busch texted NASCAR CEO a request that came with likely family twist two days before death
Friend’s chilling words about ‘Virgin River’ actor’s suspected murder revealed after fatal discovery
Friend’s chilling words about ‘Virgin River’ actor’s suspected murder revealed after fatal discovery
Protester pulls knife on Tom Steyer staffer at LA campaign event — as wild video shows angry activists confronting billionaire
Bethenny Frankel makes rare comments on co-parenting dynamic with ex Jason Hoppy
Bethenny Frankel makes rare comments on co-parenting dynamic with ex Jason Hoppy
Iran war agreement being ‘fine-tuned’ as Trump meets with Gulf allies on peace deal after chilling warning to regime
"Preserve All Records": DOJ Puts Democrat-Run Maryland On Notice In Election Integrity Probe
Submitted by Maryland Freedom Caucus,
Assistant Attorney General Harmeet Dhillon announced on X last night that she has ordered Maryland’s State Board of Elections to preserve their records concerning the utter debacle of mail-in ballots during the state’s primary election season.
It's the wrong time to send voters the wrong ballots. This @TheJusticeDept’s @CivilRights will not let Maryland's mail-in ballot mistakes go unnoticed! pic.twitter.com/nm9S1x9amX
— AAGHarmeetDhillon (@AAGDhillon) May 22, 2026“It's the wrong time to send voters the wrong ballots. This @TheJusticeDept’s @CivilRights will not let Maryland's mail-in ballot mistakes go unnoticed!” said Assistant Attorney General Harmeet Dhillon.
This update comes just one week after SBE was forced to admit that its third-party, out-of-state vendor mailed half a million or more ballots to the wrong primary voters.
President Trump himself called for a federal investigation into this breach of trust with Maryland voters...
... immediately after the Maryland Freedom Caucus had suggested the same:
To restore faith in Maryland's electoral process, decisive action is necessary. We must release the voter rolls to the federal government to allow for a thorough audit into the reported issuance of 400,000 incorrect ballots. pic.twitter.com/39PJlDyKiN
— Maryland Freedom Caucus (@MDFreedomCaucus) May 16, 2026The Maryland Freedom Caucus has been on the front lines of election integrity since our formation, placing Voter ID, citizen-only voting, and in-person voting at the center of our legislative platform. This past year, our landmark legislation, the Secure the Vote Act of 2026, did not even receive a vote in committee. To date, no other legislative group - Republican or otherwise - has called for the intervention of the Justice Department in oversight of Maryland’s elections.
But Maryland voters need not despair, because together with our grassroots partners, Secure the Vote MD, we have been pushing for reform in the court of public opinion and it is working. With AAG Dhillon’s announcement last night, the oversight of Maryland’s elections we have been calling for since last fall may soon come to pass.
AAG Harmeet Dhillon is exactly right. Voters receiving the wrong ballots isn’t a harmless mix-up; it is the kind of sloppiness that shatters confidence in our elections at the worst possible time. Mass mailing of ballots has always been a bad idea. It compromises the chain of… https://t.co/QXM2RZA0vH
— Matt Morgan (@MattMorgan29A) May 22, 2026“AAG Harmeet Dhillon is exactly right. Voters receiving the wrong ballots isn’t a harmless mix-up; it is the kind of sloppiness that shatters confidence in our elections at the worst possible time. Mass mailing of ballots has always been a bad idea. It compromises the chain of custody on a large scale, and this isn't the first time Maryland has dropped the ball on issuing ballots,” said Maryland Freedom Caucus Chair, Matt Morgan.
Morgan added, “Thank you for making sure the DOJ Civil Rights Division holds Maryland accountable. Common sense tells us fair elections demand accuracy, not excuses. Integrity first.”
“565,639 Maryland voters were failed by the very system entrusted to protect their vote. We are grateful that Harmeet Dhillon and the Department of Justice are paying attention — because clearly, Maryland’s State Board of Elections is not. SecuretheVoteMD will not stop until every one of those voters be has a guaranteed path to a clean, counted ballot,” said Kate Sullivan, president of SecuretheVoteMD, the state’s citizen watchdog group.
Delegate Lauren Arikan, a founding member of the Maryland Freedom Caucus, thanked President Trump on X last night for following through on his promise to investigate what went wrong with Maryland’s no-excuse mail-in ballots this year:
The Trump administrationis once again walking towards the fire, even in a state that most Republicans would consider a lost cause. President Trump is going to Make Voting Great Again. 👏👏👏👏
— Lauren Arikan (@laurenformd) May 23, 2026“The Trump administration is once again walking towards the fire, even in a state that most Republicans would consider a lost cause. President Trump is going to Make Voting Great Again," Arikan noted.
Tyler Durden Sat, 05/23/2026 - 14:00