Aggregator
3 men behind $2B healthcare fraud sentenced to prison – but kingpin remains on the loose
California health officials send urgent warning not to eat popular chip brand
Giants defensive stars thrilled with new scheme that has shades of Wink Martindale
‘Hell on Wheels’ killer Mackenzie Shirilla’s dad suspended from teacher job over Netflix doc comments
NFL owners approve huge slate of international games for 2027
IRGC Says It Foiled US Arms Shipments To 'Terror Groups' Near Border With Iraqi Kurdistan
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said in a statement on Monday that it foiled an attempt to smuggle a large shipment of US-made weapons and ammunition into the country.
"Counter-revolutionary terror groups based in north Iraq, acting on behalf of the US and Zionist regime, intended to transfer a large shipment of brand-new US weapons and ammunition into the country. They were targeted and struck in Baneh, Kurdistan Province. Large quantities of weapons and ammunition were discovered and confiscated," the statement said.
Arms seizure image circulated by IRGC in state mediaThe statement added that intelligence efforts are ongoing to identify and arrest all internal collaborators allegedly linked to the armed groups.
The IRGC Hamzeh Sayyed al-Shuhada Headquarters warned "all mercenary elements, their agents, and their leaders that any security-related action will be met with severe force, and … a regret inducing response."
The announcement comes as Washington has been seeking to arm separatist Iranian Kurdish groups in order to destabilize the Islamic Republic. At the start of the war, reports said that US President Donald Trump was seeking to turn Kurdish militias into a "ground force" within Iran.
Kurdish groups opposed to the Islamic Republic denied last month US claims that Washington armed their fighters during the January 2026 unrest in Iran.
Last week, Trump slammed Iranian Kurds for "stealing" US weapons and failing to deliver them to "protesters" and dissidents who, according to Washington, were willing to fight against Iranian forces.
"The Kurds take, take, take," the president told reporters, adding that they "kept" the weapons and "only fight hard when they get paid."
Iranian Kurds were heavily involved in the 2022 armed riots, which broke out in Iran following the death of Mahsa Amini. Former US national security advisor John Bolton openly admitted that year that weapons from the Iraqi Kurdistan region were being smuggled into Iran for separatists to use against government troops.
President Trump on being 'disappointed' in the Kurds...
#Trump on #Kurds and his order to attack #Iran:
I'm very disappointed in the Kurds, we gave them weapons to deliver inside Iran, but they kept them instead. pic.twitter.com/lknQd6AOrr
Kurdish groups also participated in this year's unrest in January, during which thousands of people were killed, including security forces, armed anti-government rioters, and civilians.
After the US-Israeli war erupted in February, Iraqi-based, Iranian Kurdish militias came under heavy missile and drone attacks – from both Tehran and its allies in the Iraqi resistance.
Tyler Durden Tue, 05/19/2026 - 19:40FBI announces US violent crime rate plummeted by fastest rate in nearly 90 years: ‘Changes are working’
OG Anunoby back starting against Cavaliers in Knicks’ Game 1 boost
The Victor Wembanyama factor that delivered Knicks rare NBA lottery win
‘Impaired’ illegal migrant arrested by ICE after daughter, 9, killed in rollover crash in Ariz.
“Diamond” red carpet at Cannes Film Festival 2026: Sharon Stone, Robin Thicke, and more
‘Diamond’ red carpet at Cannes Film Festival 2026: Sharon Stone, Robin Thicke, and more
Panic in California as LinkedIn announces hundreds of layoffs
Mavericks fire Jason Kidd as massive organizational changes continue
"A Breakthrough": White House Says Strategic Bitcoin Reserve Announcement Is Imminent
Authored by Micah Zimmerman via BitcoinMagazine.com,
The White House is on the verge of a formal announcement on the U.S. Strategic Bitcoin Reserve — and the official leading the charge says the hard part is done.
Patrick Witt, Executive Director of the President’s Council of Advisors for Digital Assets, told an interviewer this week that the administration has cleared a major legal hurdle in standing up the reserve.
“We’ll have an announcement,” Witt said.
“I wish I could say more… It’s a breakthrough as far as getting everything in place, legally sound, properly safeguarding the assets.”
The signal follows a similar declaration Witt made at the Bitcoin 2026 conference in Las Vegas, where he told the crowd an update was coming within weeks.
President Trump signed the executive order establishing the Strategic Bitcoin Reserve on March 6, 2025.
Since then, Witt says his deputy Harry John has driven the interagency process: identifying what legal authorities exist, commissioning the necessary legal memos, and building a custody and reporting infrastructure across federal agencies that were designed for gold, not private keys.
The reserve holds an estimated 328,372 BTC — roughly 1.6% of total global supply — accumulated through law enforcement seizures, including the Silk Road takedown, the 2022 Bitfinex hack recovery, and years of criminal forfeitures.
The executive order bars the Treasury from selling a single coin.
A government bitcoin hack lit a fire for the U.S. governmentWitt pointed to a breach at the U.S. Marshals Service as proof that the reserve’s security mandate is urgent. A government contractor named John Daghita allegedly stole more than $46 million in cryptocurrency from USMS custody accounts in late 2025, and the FBI arrested him in March 2026. A separate $24 million theft was traced to October 2024.
“It’s a case in point for why it was so necessary that the president established the SBR,” Witt said.
An executive order dies the moment a new president takes office. That vulnerability is the core argument for two bills now moving through Congress.
Rep. Nick Begich recently rebranded the BITCOIN Act as the American Reserves Modernization Act (ARMA), which would authorize the U.S. Treasury to purchase up to 200,000 BTC per year for five years — with holdings locked for a minimum of 20 years.
Senator Cynthia Lummis has put Congress on a deadline, pushing for a vote before the summer recess as midterm campaigning begins to consume floor time.
If the BITCOIN Act passes, the Treasury’s first open-market Bitcoin purchase is projected for Q4 2026 — making the U.S. the first sovereign nation to actively accumulate Bitcoin as a strategic reserve asset.
Tyler Durden Tue, 05/19/2026 - 19:15