Aggregator
Bryan Bresee set to undergo season-ending ACL surgery in early Saints blow
Knicks champs, legends to celebrate Earl Monroe Charter School’s new Bronx building: ‘Like Elvis, Springsteen and The Beatles together’
JAMS moving to 3 Times Square
East Bay mansion built by Kaiser Permanente founder who made the Hoover Dam bursts into flames
Ex-National Park Service ‘resistance ranger’ giving secret tours that attack America
Why Sony partnered with last-place Mets to promote latest ‘Spider-Man,’ Juan Soto builds up movie credits
Why Sony partnered with last-place Mets to promote ‘Spider-Man,’ Juan Soto builds up movie credits
‘Lioness’ EP/Star Jill Wagner Says Taylor Sheridan Understands That The Series’ Subject Matter Can Be “Very Complicated”: “He States Facts Rather Than Opinions
Ken Griffin’s Park Ave. project with Vornado set for major update this week
Josh Hart calls out Dodgers for pushing towards MLB lockout following Tarik Skubal trade
Female Bomber Kills At Least 3, Injures 21, At Upscale Moscow Restaurant
A bomb ripped through a central Moscow upscale restaurant mid-evening on Saturday in what authorities are calling a "brutal terrorist act" - which left three people dead and wounded at least 21.
"Yesterday, a brutal terrorist act was committed in Moscow that claimed human lives. The victims are currently in the city’s hospitals, where they are receiving all necessary care," Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin stated Sunday.
via BBCThe location was at Kudrinkskaya Square outside an Italian restaurant, in one of Moscow’s seven Stalin-era skyscrapers, police described.
Russia's anti-terrorism committee stated the culprit was an unidentified woman carrying an improvised explosive device who tried get into the restaurant before being stopped by a security guard, who was killed in the subsequent blast, along with a customer.
The Guardian notes that the death toll could climb as many victims are being treated at area hospitals:
REN TV cited a source on Sunday as saying that two people who had been taken to hospital had later died of their wounds, bringing the death toll to five, but there was no official confirmation. The channel said six people were in a serious condition.
There's been widespread speculation as to what entity carried out the attack, and who was the intended target.
"Unverified social media reports suggested that a top Russian military commander had been the intended target but had been unharmed," The Moscow Times writes. "Russian war bloggers, without citing any evidence, were quick to blame Ukraine for the attack. Kyiv did not immediately comment."
The same report adds, "The Kommersant daily suggested that the woman carrying the bomb may not have known about it, and that it had been set off remotely by someone else," and it notes that "The restaurant's website said the venue had been closed on Saturday for a private event."
This terror attack possibly adds, pending the details, to a growing list of high profile assassinations related to the Ukraine war. To review:
—Darya Dugina was killed in a car bombing in 2022 which was likely meant for her father, prominent political thinker and often dubbed "Putin ally" Aleksandr Dugin.
—Gen Igor Kirillov died in December 2024 outside of his residence when a bomb planted in a nearby scooter detonated.
—Gen Yaroslav Moskalik, who served as deputy head of the Main Operations Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, was killed in a car bomb attack last April. A "homemade" explosive device detonated under his Volkswagen Golf in a residential neighborhood.
And in circumstances somewhat similar to this latest restaurant bombing, in April 2023 a cafe bombing killed prominent pro-Kremlin blogger and war correspondent Vladlen Tatarsky. The blast at a St. Petersburg cafe during a close-quarters speaking event wounded some two dozen bystanders, six of them critically.
Russian media have reported details of the attack near Moscow's Balzi Rossi restaurant, where an improvised explosive device detonated yesterday:
▪️ At around 7:50 p.m. Moscow time, a woman attempted to enter the Balzi Rossi restaurant, where a celebration was taking place. A… https://t.co/33lGq0TPgb pic.twitter.com/zC4uCfjtyF
America's CIA or Britain's MI6 has long been suspected by some pundits of being involved in these targeted killings, or at least assisting in such brazen Ukrainian-linked operations, but ultimately little has been uncovered or proven in terms of a potential Western hidden hand in this ongoing 'dirty war'.
Tyler Durden Sun, 08/02/2026 - 13:25‘Healthy’ Vincent Pastore seen celebrating 80th birthday weeks before death
‘Healthy’ Vincent Pastore seen celebrating 80th birthday weeks before death
Marxist Terror Group Responsible For Colombian Truck Bomb Attack
Summary:
- VBIED Attack Comes Days Before President-Elect Abelardo de la Espriella's Inauguration
- Marxist-Leninist Terror Group Responsible For Truck Bomb Attack
- Twin Car Bombs Rock Colombian City Days Before Trump-Backed "El Tigre" Takes Power
The Colombian government blamed the far-left, Marxist-Leninist ELN for the truck bombing outside a police headquarters in the border city of Cúcuta, which injured 11 officers and killed a police dog.
The early Saturday morning VBIED attack damaged the building's roof and shattered its windows, according to police chief Gen. William Rincón.
"This was a vile terrorist attack," Rincón told AP News. "We will not rest until we find those who are responsible and have them prosecuted."
COLOMBIA: UN CAMIÓN CON EXPLOSIVOS ESTALLÓ EN CÚCUTA A DÍAS DE LA ASUNCIÓN DE DE LA ESPRIELLA
Un camión cargado con explosivos estalló junto a una estación de Policía en Cúcuta, cerca de la frontera con Venezuela, y dejó al menos 11 heridos y daños en viviendas. El ataque… pic.twitter.com/wcU9bsNoRr
The attack comes just days before President-elect Abelardo de la Espriella - a Trump-backed conservative who has pledged to restore law and order and wage war on rebel groups - takes office.
The ELN is believed to have about 6,000 fighters operating across Colombia and neighboring Venezuela.
Its ideology combines:
- Revolutionary socialism and communism
- Cuban-style Guevarism
- Anti-capitalism and anti-American "imperialism"
- Land and resource redistribution
Its activities include:
- Attacks against Colombian security forces and oil infrastructure
- Bombings and assassinations
- Kidnapping and extortion
- Illegal mining
- Cocaine production and trafficking
It is important to note that the Trump administration declared war on far-left groups across the Western Hemisphere.
Twin Car Bombs Rock Colombian City Days Before Trump-Backed "El Tigre" Takes PowerDetails remain limited, but initial reports and footage on X suggest that one or more vehicle-borne improvised explosive devices (VBIEDs), commonly known as car or truck bombs, detonated near a police station in Cúcuta, Colombia, close to the Venezuelan border.
The apparent VBIED attack occurred just six days before President-elect Abelardo de la Espriella's inauguration, which will transfer power from Gustavo Petro's socialist regime to a right-wing administration expected to align closely with the Trump administration.
Footage:
Desde otros puntos de Cúcuta también fueron captadas las explosiones en contra del comando de la Policía de Norte de Santander.
El atentado estaría dirigido contra la Unidad de Operaciones Especiales Jungla.
Video: cortesía
99.9FM📻 pic.twitter.com/aLmuGXOfAt
Un camión con explosivos estalló el sábado junto a una estación de policía en la ciudad colombiana de Cúcuta, cerca de la frontera con Venezuela, seis días antes de la investidura del presidente electo Abelardo de la Espriella, constataron periodistas de la @AFP.
En la madrugada… pic.twitter.com/ta6ER9lrrZ
#EnDesarrollo | Al menos una decena de personas heridas, entre uniformados y civiles, deja un violento ataque con exposivos contra el comando de la Policía Norte de Santander, en Cúcuta.
Los hechos ocurrieron en la madrugada de este sábado cuando fueron activadas varias cargas… pic.twitter.com/CjpANSGbVc
🔴Un atentado con explosivos se registró en la madrugada de este sábado 1 de agosto en inmediaciones del comando del Departamento de Policía de Norte de Santander, en Cúcuta.
Imágenes en el video 📹
Más detalles aquí ⬇️https://t.co/cJSBEPpC25 pic.twitter.com/E46Y09q18x
De la Espriella, a conservative lawyer known as "El Tigre," has pledged to intensify operations against guerrillas and drug-trafficking organizations, abandon the socialists' peace negotiations, and pursue deeper military cooperation with the US.
Around 11,000 soldiers and police officers are expected to secure the inauguration through coordinated land, air, and maritime operations. De la Espriella has repeatedly warned of an alleged plot to assassinate him by left-wing groups.
El Tigre's rise to power comes amid a once-in-a-generation shift from nation-killing left-wing regimes across the Americas to right-wing governments closely aligned with the Trump administration. The State Department has pursued this strategy to secure the West, ensure countries align with the US, not China or Russia, and promote open and free markets over broken Marxist ones.
Americas Political Map: Presidential Shift From Left To Right
Country-by-country presidential shift tracker
"For the first time in 15–20 years, the overwhelming majority of the countries in the Western Hemisphere are now led by pro-American leaders and governments since @POTUS was elected president," Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced on Friday with President Trump and Secretary of War Pete Hegseth.
Tyler Durden Sun, 08/02/2026 - 13:18Veteran NYPD motorcycle cop Lt. Joseph Bell, who escorted 4 presidents and a pope, retires after 37 years: ‘It was a great ride’
Bizarre new details emerge in fatal stabbing at luxury NYC apartment building
Ceuta border storming death toll reaches 72 after 50K migrants attempt to enter Spanish enclave
From Influence Peddler To Starving Artist: Hunter Biden Claims Family Is Broke In Defaulting On $17 Million Bill
Hunter Biden is no Van Gogh. In addition to having both ears, Hunter’s work has generally been panned beyond an enabling media following. However, he claims he is also a starving artist. The problem appears to be that, as predicted years ago, his sales dried up in the influence-peddling market once his father left office.
Now, his lawyers want him to cough up $17 million that he owes them. Hunter says that not only is he broke, but so is his family.
In a deposition in ongoing litigation with the law firm Winston Taylor, Hunter claimed an inability to pay the $17 million he owes his lawyers for representing him in criminal prosecutions, congressional investigations, and civil lawsuits.
Hunter claimed under oath that “I don’t own anything of any value other than — and I don’t know the value of it — my paintings which I painted myself. So that’s it. And I don’t even have any other assets at all, stocks, bonds, anything like that, savings accounts.”
He also added, “My family doesn’t have any money, and it’s not their debt anyway.”
The statement about his family is curious, since Joe and Jill Biden recently received numerous book contracts and were thought to be worth millions. However, the Wall Street Journal recently reported that Joe Biden is struggling with $800,000 in debt and, ironically, increased property taxes in his blue state of Delaware on his $2.7 million home. (Moving to Florida like many fleeing blue state taxes is not a viable option for the Bidens).
Worse yet, no one wants Biden to do speeches and appearances, cutting off a lucrative post-presidency income. Not only is Biden obviously diminished in his ability to give a speech, but many Democrats blame him for the reelection of Trump by clinging to power despite his obvious deteriorating mental and physical condition.
Of course, the former president still rakes in more than $400,000 a year in government pensions.
Yet, in the end, Hunter is correct. It is not their debt unless they signed as guarantors on any debt.
Hunter continues to be the darling of the media with podcasts and interviews, including some who have called for him to run for president. He has lived in mansions and luxurious hotels for much of his life. However, that lifestyle was subsidized by wealthy Democratic donors and friends.
What is impressive is how Hunter could burn through millions accrued from alleged influence peddling and shady deals.
Notably, Fox News reports that the law firm, which is known for representing Democratic figures, has tried to connect Biden with donors to help him cover his legal bills, without success. With his father out of power, no one is willing to bankroll his lifestyle or buy his art.
Gone are the former swaggering threats that Hunter could make to shake down foreign figures. There was a time when he only needed to pick up a phone and send a text message like the one to a Chinese businessman, openly threatening Joe Biden’s displeasure if money is not sent to them immediately. In the WhatsApp message, Hunter stated:
“I am sitting here with my father, and we would like to understand why the commitment made has not been fulfilled. Tell the director that I would like to resolve this now before it gets out of hand, and now means tonight. And, Z, if I get a call or text from anyone involved in this other than you, Zhang, or the Chairman, I will make certain that between the man sitting next to me and every person he knows and my ability to forever hold a grudge that you will regret not following my direction. I am sitting here waiting for the call with my father.”
No one is answering now.
Hunter insisted that he is now virtually destitute: “I don’t have any assets. I don’t own a car. I don’t own a phone.”
Even his recent dubious award of $1.7 million in a defamation case was immediately claimed by the law firm, though that award can and should be appealed.
Hunter has written extensively on his struggle with drugs and alcohol. It is a great achievement to have overcome those addictions. Yet, the accounts would be more compelling if he did not unleash a scorched-earth campaign against critics when he was sober. He sued or threatened to sue a wide array of people to try to muscle them into silence. I was one of those threatened with a defamation lawsuit by his friend and sponsor Kevin Morris for writing about their curious relationship.
Hunter gamed the system on his crimes and was ultimately rescued from prison only by his father breaking his repeated public promise not to pardon his son.
Yet, Hunter is likely to live well as a ward of the privileged class. He remains the toast of the town for the left, a type of foul-mouthed prophet who claims to have been liberated by his own excesses. For those of us who have long been critics of his antics, it remains a bit too familiar.
Hunter makes even being broke look like a grift.
Jonathan Turley is a law professor and the New York Times best-selling author of “Rage and the Republic: The Unfinished Story of the American Revolution.”
Tyler Durden Sun, 08/02/2026 - 12:50