Aggregator
Canada ready to respond as Trump’s tariffs go into effect, Carney says
Timeline for Nolan Wells’ official autopsy revealed after independent medical examination leaves unanswered questions
San Francisco home prices hit eye-popping highs thanks to AI ‘gold rush’ — experts unpack when the madness could end
How ‘Seinfeld’ alum Jason Alexander responded to Courtney Stodden’s demands over resurfaced controversial sketch
How ‘Seinfeld’ alum Jason Alexander responded to Courtney Stodden’s demands over resurfaced controversial sketch
Dodgers’ White House visit honors President Trump with perfectly numbered jersey
Rosie O’Donnell credits GLP-1 drug for ‘saving’ her life: ‘Wish I could do commercials’
Rosie O’Donnell credits GLP-1 drug for ‘saving’ her life: ‘Wish I could do commercials’
Ravens waive Diego Pavia just days before training camp
Long Island native, Marine veteran Peter Latorre chasing his boxing title dream with gift that’s ‘in the blood’
Black bear barrels at bystanders as chaos erupts in Tennessee parking lot: wild video
Authorities Arrest Fugitive Behind Alleged $547 Million Medicare Fraud
Authored by Naveen Athrappully via The Epoch Times,
A man on the FBI’s Most Wanted Fraudsters list, accused of a scheme to defraud Medicare of $547 million, was arrested by authorities on Monday.
The foreign national, Khalid Satary, 54, owned and operated multiple diagnostic testing laboratories in the United States between 2016 and 2019 that billed Medicare for “expensive and medically unnecessary genetic tests,” the Department of Justice (DOJ) said in a July 21 statement.
Satary is accused of conspiring with several patient recruiters and telemarketing services to generate unnecessary cancer genetic test samples that were reimbursed by Medicare at the rate of $10,000 to $20,000 per sample.
To run the operation, Satary allegedly paid millions of dollars in bribes and illegal kickbacks to patient recruiters and doctors.
The defendant was initially indicted in 2019. However, Satary was later released on bond, with the condition that he doesn’t work in the healthcare sector. While on bond, Satary allegedly conspired with labs in Texas to continue submitting fraudulent genetic testing claims to Medicare.
A federal arrest warrant was issued against him in December 2022. However, Satary failed to appear for a court hearing and was believed to have escaped the United States. On July 20 this year, the defendant was arrested in the Middle East with a fake Mexican passport using a fake name. He was then transferred to U.S. authorities.
The Most Wanted Fraudsters list was announced by FBI Director Kash Patel last month. The White House Task Force to Eliminate Fraud partnered with the FBI to compile the list, according to a June 19 X post from Vice President JD Vance, the task force’s chairman.
The task force was established through a March 16 executive order signed by President Donald Trump, which said criminals and other individuals were exploiting various benefit programs intended to provide American citizens with a safety net.
Trump ordered the task force to “coordinate and accelerate a comprehensive national strategy to stop fraud, waste, and abuse within Federal benefit programs.”
One of those on the list, Said Abdullahi Ereg, surrendered to law enforcement on June 10, according to the FBI and federal prosecutors. Ereg is accused of laundering millions of dollars from a program that aimed to feed needy children during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Another individual on the list, Herbert Leon Kimble, accused of $1.2 billion Medicare fraud, was arrested on June 11 in the Philippines.
In its latest statement, the DOJ said that Satary has been charged with various fraud-related crimes, conspiracy to commit money laundering, and paying bribes and illegal healthcare kickbacks. He faces a multi-decade prison term if convicted.
“The arrest of Khalid Ahmed Satary and return to the U.S. is the third Most Wanted Fraudster capture from this FBI and our partners in just five weeks—continuing the historic run of success for this new initiative,” Patel said in the statement.
“This is another subject who exploited a program dedicated to helping our most vulnerable and instead stole for himself. Satary has been on the run since 2022, but we got him thanks to great work and coordination from the interagency and our overseas partners.”
The Epoch Times was unable to reach Satary’s legal representative.
According to the FBI’s website, Satary is one among nine individuals currently mentioned on the Most Wanted Fraudsters list.
One of the individuals is a naturalized U.S. citizen of Somali origin wanted for allegedly being part of a fraud scheme that exploited the federal Child Nutrition Program during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Another individual, a female from Jamaica, is linked to a scheme that fraudulently obtained more than $32 million from COVID-19 relief funds.
A third person, a U.S. citizen, is wanted for alleged involvement in a mail fraud scheme in Georgia. The man allegedly defrauded at least $10 million from his victims.
Meanwhile, on June 23, the DOJ announced that a coordinated enforcement action involving a whole-of-government approach led to the arrests of 455 individuals for their alleged role in healthcare fraud and opioid abuse schemes.
The schemes, which involved more than $6.5 billion in false claims, posed “significant patient harm,” including death. Among the arrested were two Estonians connected to a $10.6 billion fraud scheme.
Tyler Durden Thu, 07/23/2026 - 20:05Ex-Mets fan favorite Jose Iglesias making his Broadway debut in in Grammy Award-winning musical
Celeste Rivas’ family leaves courtroom before gruesome autopsy revealed in D4vd murder hearing
Seven Pipeline Projects That Could Break Iran's Grip On Hormuz Chokepoint
Brent crude futures topped $100 a barrel (Read RBC note) as disruption at the Strait of Hormuz spread to Bab el-Mandeb in the southern Red Sea. Combined with intensifying Black Sea fighting between Russia and Ukraine, the widening chokepoint crisis has put the energy complex and broader global commodities market on edge.
"The curve on Brent and WTI is getting again very steep backwardated compared to when the diplomatic route to solve the Middle East conflict was on the table and seemed to be making progress," UBS analyst Claudio Martucci wrote in a note.
The reemergence of chokepoint chaos in the Strait of Hormuz, now spreading to Bab el-Mandeb, has provided Gulf states with a critical reminder of the risks associated with maritime export routes. This disruption is accelerating efforts to bypass vulnerable chokepoints and spurring a major infrastructure boom.
At least seven major pipeline projects are under construction, being planned or under discussion, according to the Associated Press.
Saudi Arabia's East-West pipeline already provides the region's most important alternative, carrying crude from Abqaiq to Yanbu on the Red Sea.
The UAE has also increased oil shipments to Fujairah on the Gulf of Oman, bypassing Hormuz. Together, the Fujairah route and Saudi Arabia's East-West pipeline had between 3.5 million and 5.5 million barrels a day of spare capacity before the war, according to the EIA. Both pipelines are now operating near capacity.
Even Dubai's state-owned ports and logistics giant, DP World, is planning to bypass the critical waterway with a new container port on the UAE's east coast in Fujairah.
The UAE has plans to expand Fujairah's export capacity, and more recently, the US is backing talks to revive an oil pipeline from Iraq to Syria's Mediterranean coast. This would create yet another export route that would entirely bypass the Hormuz chokepoint and, in turn, erode Tehran's leverage over shipping traffic.
Our coverage on the Gulf energy rewiring:
- Gulf States Considering Network Of New Pipelines To Bypass Strait Of Hormuz
- Great Rewiring: US Supports Iraq-Syria Oil Pipeline To Erode Tehran's Hormuz Leverage
- Dubai's New East Coast Port Signals The Beginning Of End For Iran's Hormuz Leverage
What's key to understand here is that seven projects by U.S.-aligned Gulf states are set to rewire energy flows in the Gulf region, which will only erode Tehran's leverage over Hormuz.
Tyler Durden Thu, 07/23/2026 - 19:40