Aggregator
How to Watch Spain vs. Argentina in the World Cup Finals For Free
Can weed help dementia patients? Study finds surprising upsides
Taylor Farms Announces Recall Of Lettuce Shipped To 27 States Over Cyclospora Risk
Authored by Troy Myers via The Epoch Times,
U.S. lettuce supplier Taylor Farms expanded on July 17 its voluntary recall of iceberg lettuce from central Mexico due to concerns over its link to a cyclospora outbreak affecting Americans across the country.
Lettuce products that were possibly contaminated with the diarrhea-causing parasite were sent to 27 states, according to the company. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said July 18 the outbreak was linked to iceberg lettuce across five states and more than 1,000 people in the United States have been sickened by it.
“Consumers who have purchased the recalled iceberg lettuce should discard it immediately and not consume it,” California-based Taylor Farms said in a statement.
“Full refunds are also available at the location of purchase.”
States that were sent potentially contaminated lettuce products include Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
The company added that it is actively removing affected products and ceased sourcing lettuce from the implicated lot in central Mexico. Taylor Farms reiterated that it is continuing to cooperate with the Food and Drug Administration, the CDC, and other authorities.
Taylor Farms released a full list of its potentially affected products, including various shredded lettuce and salad mixes, accompanied with their lot codes and use-by dates.
According to an earlier statement July 17, the company said it was voluntarily removing from U.S. markets all iceberg lettuce sourced from central Mexico. That decision was based on information the FDA provided to Taylor Farms regarding its products, the statement said.
“As a family owned and operated company, we are deeply concerned for those who became ill, their families, and the many Americans whose trust in the safety of their fresh produce has been shaken,” Taylor Farms said.
“That trust is something we’ve worked for decades to earn, and we are committed to doing everything in our power to restore that confidence.”
U.S. health officials earlier this week announced it had traced “a single supplier of iceberg lettuce from Mexico used by Taco Bell locations where sick people ate before becoming ill.”
The popular fast-food chain addressed the issue in a statement on X, writing that it had removed all Taylor Farm products from its locations.
“We want you to hear it from us,” the company said. “So go ahead and enjoy your Taco Bell today.”
U.S. food distributor Sysco had also pulled all its Taylor Farms iceberg lettuce sourced from central Mexico.
Cyclosporiasis is caused by the microscopic parasite cyclospora that stems from produce and water contaminated with human feces.
As of the latest update available from the CDC, the outbreak has resulted in 1,644 cases and 94 hospitalizations.
The agency noted that the true number of cases could be much higher, as many people are able to recover without medical care and are not tested for cyclospora.
Tyler Durden Sun, 07/19/2026 - 12:50Giants’ Cam Skattebo botches backflip at Fanatics Fest in worrying scene — nine months after devastating ankle injury
Cody Bellinger, Dodgers nearly reunited in offseason: ‘There’s nothing but love’
Vidoes show Jones Beach concertgoers scrambling for shelter in hellish lightning storm: ‘We’re trapped!’
Samsung slashes New Jersey workforce, offers relocations ahead of HQ move to Texas
We found a way to get 100TB of cloud storage without ever paying a monthly fee
Zelensky Boasts Of Hits On 3 Russian 'Shadow Fleet' Tankers After Kiev Military Depot Leveled
Russia overnight and into early Sunday morning unleashed what Ukrainian officials have described as its largest barrage of ballistic missiles focused on Kiev of the war.
Among the key targets was a large complex owned and operated by UKRTAC, a Ukrainian producer of military gear and personal protective equipment. Its manufacturing facilities and warehouses in the capital were destroyed in the assault.
Ukrainian presidency's officeUKRTAC, confirmed on social media that facilities and production equipment were entirely wiped out due to a direct hit, but said there were no casualties at the plant.
But elsewhere in the capital there were significant casualties, with at least one person killed and 16 others wounded. President Volodymyr Zelensky said Sunday it was one of the single biggest missile barrages of the war:
A series of powerful explosions thundered across the darkened city in an attack that involved 41 missiles of various types and ravaged buildings across several districts.
Also, Ukrainian foreign minister Andrii Sybiha has described the raid involved "around four dozen" ballistic missiles.
However, Zelensky has said Ukrainian forces continue to strike back, including a new attack on three oil depots and a fuel facility in Russia's southern Stavropol Sunday morning. Zelensky added three Russian 'shadow fleet' tankers were also struck in the Black Sea.
"Today, Ukraine’s long-range sanctions reached designated targets that support and finance Russia’s aggression. SSU units struck three oil depots in the Stavropol region at once, while units of our Armed Forces hit another fuel facility in the same region," he said.
"Direct hits were recorded on three Russian shadow fleet tankers in the Black Sea."
We continue to respond to Russian strikes in a fully justified and accurate manner. Today, Ukraine’s long-range sanctions reached designated targets that support and finance Russia’s aggression. SSU units struck three oil depots in the Stavropol region at once, while units of our… pic.twitter.com/3YWEDFBknE
— Volodymyr Zelenskyy / Володимир Зеленський (@ZelenskyyUa) July 19, 2026The Kremlin over the weekend has boasted of new ground advances along the front lines, but the war has long been focused in the air of late.
As for the Ukrainian capital, emergency crews have been scrambling on an almost nightly basis of late. Concerning the new attack, "The Kyiv government said firefighters were responding to blazes in five different districts after the attack, one of the biggest in recent weeks, hit residential buildings, office and industrial sites, a dormitory and vehicles," The Independent describes.
Tyler Durden Sun, 07/19/2026 - 12:15