Aggregator
‘Foxy Brown’ star Pam Grier, 76, says she has orgasms that last ‘3 whole days’
‘Foxy Brown’ star Pam Grier, 76, says she has orgasms that last ‘3 whole days’
De’Von Achane gets four-year extension worth up to $68 million in huge Dolphins boost
Trump's Booming War Economy Explained In One Chart
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth spoke with lawmakers last week and, at one point, laid out how the U.S. war economy is roaring back to life under the Trump administration.
Hegseth's message was clear: President Trump's "smart business deals" have sent an unmistakable demand signal to defense-industrial partners: build more, build faster, and prepare for sustained procurement.
"The department has helped stimulate more than two hundred and fifty private investment deals in thirty-nine states, 180 cities, 150 companies worth more than 50 billion dollars," Hegseth said, adding, "It's resulted in 280 new or expanded facilities with 18 million square feet of American manufacturing and more than 70 thousand new jobs in defense."
.@SECWAR "Over the past year, through historic, multi-year procurement agreements – smart business deals – we have sent a permanent, unambiguous demand signal to our industry partners to BUILD MORE AND BUILD FASTER.
The result has been a surge – a revitalization – of our great… pic.twitter.com/wrqI5e5HQR
Hegseth's comments about America's industrial base roaring back to life should come as no surprise to readers, as we've outlined:
-
War Economy Returns: From Trucks To Tanks, Pentagon Looks To Automakers To Rebuild America's Arsenal
-
Race To Refill U.S. Weapons Stockpiles Will Supercharge War Economy
"By changing our department's business model, American companies are investing in America with their own money, their own capital. A historic demonstration of American manufacturing and defense revitalization – all again with their capital, not Uncle Sam's," Hegseth noted.
Following Hegseth's testimony with lawmakers, the Department of War posted on X a graphic titled "The Arsenal of Freedom," which maps out the department's defense-industrial investments since January 20, 2025.
Welcome to the war economy.
Tyler Durden Wed, 05/13/2026 - 21:20Bay Area police chief charged with hit-and-run on family’s car along highway
Gavin Newsom offers $1B subsidy for EV trucks as critics howl
Twist in case of California activist gun down by Filipino military at ‘terror’ camp — as friends flip the script
Cardi B explains what made her ‘cuss out’ babydaddy Stefon Diggs in heated coffee shop moment
Alex Cooper, Matt Kaplan walk red carpet together amid rumors of marital ‘tension,’ Alix Earle feud
Alex Cooper, Matt Kaplan walk red carpet together amid rumors of marital ‘tension,’ Alix Earle feud
Start of Liberty season exposing key issue with vital facet of their game
‘RHOBH’ alum Diana Jenkins denies she was woman who put Hayden Panettiere in bed with famous man
‘RHOBH’ alum Diana Jenkins denies she was woman who put Hayden Panettiere in bed with famous man
Mother busted 3 months after her 2 toddler daughters found drowned with cocaine in their systems
NJ Dem Rep. Josh Gottheimer says NY Times is on ‘Hamas’ payroll following Palestinian prisoner rape report
PGA Championship perfect arena for Scottie Scheffler-Rory McIlroy showdown
"Completely Insane": Federal Govt Withholds $1.3BN In Medicaid Reimbursements To California, Citing Fraud
Authored by Lawrence Wilson via The Epoch Times,
The Trump administration will withhold $1.3 billion in Medicaid payments to California due to potentially fraudulent billing patterns, Vice President JD Vance announced on May 13.
The action comes among a host of others taken recently to crack down on fraudulent activity in Medicare and Medicaid.
“We want to protect these programs for the kids and the families who need them. We want to ensure that the American taxpayer isn’t getting fleeced,” Vance told reporters.
JUST IN: VP JD Vance announces "the federal government is deferring $1.3 BILLION dollars in Medicaid reimbursements from the state of California."
He adds that "California has not taken fraud very seriously." pic.twitter.com/dcyMtxqouj
Analysis of Medicaid billing patterns in California aroused suspicion, according to Dr. Mehmet Oz, administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
“We’ve discovered $630 million in billing from folks who are egregiously the top 5 percent of outliers in billing. These numbers are so big you can’t imagine anyone billing for these [amounts],” Oz told reporters.
California itself is an outlier among states, Oz said.
“In California, the growth of spending on personal care services is twice the rate of the average of the rest of the country,” Oz said.
“We estimate there’s $500 million that could be a risk of being taken from federal taxpayers.”
Fewer than 20 of 800 Medicare providers recently removed from the program due to suspicious billing activity have called to complain, Oz said, offering that as evidence that they likely were not legitimate providers.
VP Vance responded with a double take after hearing that wild stat from Dr. Oz:
"You're saying that we kicked off 800 fraudulent healthcare providers off of the Medicare system and not a single one of them called the government and said, 'hey, you made a mistake?'"
UNBELIEVABLE. Vice President Vance just did a double take after hearing this wild stat dropped by Dr. Oz:
"You're saying that we kicked off 800 fraudulent healthcare providers off of the Medicare system and not a single one of them called the government and said, 'hey, you made… pic.twitter.com/EaJTz1lNoA
"It's just completely insane," remarked a surprised Vance!!
Tyler Durden Wed, 05/13/2026 - 20:55