Aggregator
Swastika flag raised above NYU building named after billionaire Jewish-causes donor during graduation week
US Wants To Restore Nord Stream & Purchase From Europeans At Steep Discount: Lavrov
The Nord Stream pipelines have long slipped from headlines, apart from the occasional whodunnit narratives, and they have remained damaged and offline. The Nord Stream 1 and Nord Stream 2 pipeline bombings occurred on September 26, 2022 - but their future fate is still up in the air and being wrangled over, including by Washington.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has alleged that Washington now it wants to buy the part of the pipelines owned by European companies, in order to assert influence and control over European energy.
Agenzia Nova"Take a look at how the Americans are planning to restore Nord Stream. I am talking about two gas pipelines, and they were blown up," he told RT in an interview this week.
"The Americans under Biden said that these gas pipelines would not work, but now they accuse the Ukrainians of blowing up these two pipelines," he continued, before noting: "Actually, four pipelines. Three out of four were blown up. The Americans want to buy out the part that was owned by European companies."
He further explained that the US "wants to strike the deal at a price that is 10 times lower than the initial European investments" - according to Russian state media.
He explained that this would be about US control, and the ability to dictate the price of gas - instead of what would have been a prior mutual agreement between Russia and Germany, before the pipelines were sabotaged.
"They [the US] openly stated that they wanted to halt gas transit via pipelines from Russia to Europe through Ukraine in order to control these flows as well," he alleged.
Last year ZeroHedge asked Trump directly about who was behind the Nord Stream sabotage op. "If you can believe it they said Russia blew it up," Trump initially responded at the time.
"Well probably if I asked certain people they would be able to tell you without having to waste a lot of money on an investigation," the president said. "But I think a lot of people know who blew it up, but I was the one who blew it up originally because I wouldn't let it be built, and then when Biden got in he allowed it to be built."
President strongly suggested that based on classified intelligence he knows exactly who was behind the September 26, 2022 covert operation which ended in the Baltic Sea explosions and major leaks which took the vital Russia to Germany natural gas pipelines permanently offline. Of course, with no investigation whatsoever (a serious European inquiry didn't even begin till the following year), Western mainstream press coalesced around the dubious "Russia bombed their own pipeline!" narrative.
The Kremlin has hinted that the US could potentially take over and revive the damaged Nord Stream gas pipelines to supply Russian gas to Western Europe.
Asked whether Moscow would consider cooperation if American investors acquired EU stakes in the infrastructure, Kremlin… pic.twitter.com/YTawPt6iKg
In early 2023, famed journalist and Pulitzer price winner Seymour Hersh published a bombshell report which concluded that the United States blew up the Russia-to-Germany natural gas pipeline as part of a covert operation under the guise of the BALTOPS 22 NATO exercise. Hersh's report has been subject to a lot of pushback since then, but he's not backed off this initial reporting and investigation.
Tyler Durden Thu, 05/14/2026 - 04:15‘Lion’-like Trump deploys ‘power move’ as he, Xi show ‘genuine affection’ during historic China summit: body language expert
Bring Me the Horizon frontman Oli Sykes suffers concussion after fan throws phone at his head during concert
Bring Me the Horizon frontman Oli Sykes suffers concussion after fan throws phone at his head during concert
Mississippi father and newlywed fatally shot while fishing in what officials call a ‘tragic accident’
Dutch Asylum Center Burns On First Day Of New Arrivals After Weeks Of Protests
Authored by Thomas Brooke via Remix News,
A fire was started in bushes outside an asylum center in the Dutch town of Loosdrecht on Tuesday evening, prompting a major police response after weeks of local protests against the facility.
Protesters threw flares and fireworks onto the grounds of the building, which is located at the town hall on De Rading.
Footage shared on social media appeared to show rioters initially blocking firefighters from reaching the blaze.
After Mayor Mark Verheijen of Wijdemeren issued an emergency order, riot police intervened, and firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
One person has so far been arrested on suspicion of arson and is awaiting questioning, De Telegraaf reported, citing a police source.
BREAKING: 🇳🇱 The asylum center in Loosdrecht is on fire.
Firefighters are reportedly being blocked from the scene.
The Dutch town has been protesting the arrival of asylum seekers for the past month with multiple demonstrations by residents. pic.twitter.com/4AzsAxhGVY
The fire came on the same day the first asylum seekers arrived at the temporary shelter, with 70 migrants expected to stay at the facility.
The project has been the focus of fierce local opposition for weeks. Loosdrecht, a town of around 8,000 people, had originally been set to receive 110 asylum seekers, but officials scaled the plan back to 70 after days of mass protests.
The opening of the center had also been delayed after officials said they could not guarantee the safety of the asylum seekers.
Local residents have argued that their own concerns about safety have been ignored. Last month, hundreds of women marched through the town carrying a banner that read, “Does our safety not matter anymore?”
De demonstranten gooien vuurwerk naar het AZC.
“We zijn er klaar mee, we zijn niet gehoord. Dit is geen democratie,” zeggen ze tegen @EljavMiddelkoop. pic.twitter.com/TGo4znAjUs
Ongehoord Nederland TV reported on Tuesday that the first asylum seekers were due to move into the accommodation that day, which had prompted a large demonstration outside the building.
“In Loosdrecht, the first asylum seekers were housed today. The residents are seriously concerned about what consequences this will have for their safety. That is why they are gathering en masse tonight to demonstrate,” the broadcaster wrote.
After the fire started, residents at the scene told the broadcaster’s reporter, “We’re fed up with it, we haven’t been heard. This isn’t a democracy.”
The local mayor condemned the scenes, claiming it to be a deliberate attack on vulnerable people.
“A line has been crossed,” Verheijen said. “You may disagree with democratically made decisions, but you do so with words, not with fireworks and violence.”
Protesters argue that the decision has been anything but democratic and that their words have fallen on deaf ears.
Loosdrecht has been a melting pot for some time. The latest unrest follows earlier clashes between protesters and police, including footage that circulated on social media showing officers using baton charges against demonstrators. At least one protester was filmed last month lying unconscious on the pavement.
Former MEP Robert Roos previously criticized the police action, writing on X, “A baton may only be used in cases of necessity, proportionately, and aimed at less vulnerable areas (arms/legs). Striking someone until they are unconscious raises serious questions: was there really acute danger, or has the boundary been crossed here?”
Tyler Durden Thu, 05/14/2026 - 03:30Dear Abby: My husband and his sister make decisions about our shared home without me
Emmanuel Macron Says France's Fate Is "Tied To The African Continent"
For anyone who doubts that "Multiculturalism" is the preeminent political religion of the new age, the rhetoric of the majority of the European ruling class consistently proves the case.
French President Emmanuel Macron was the co-host (with Kenyan President William Ruto) at the Africa Forward Summit this week in Kenya, where he repeated multicultural rhetoric in favor of mass immigration from Africa into Europe. His comments seemed to be a message to the many anti-immigration movements now gaining momentum across the EU; asserting that without Africa, the French have no future.
It was France’s first major Africa summit in an English-speaking country, signaling a deliberate pivot away from French speaking African nations with an eye towards broader, “equal-footing” partnerships. Macron argued that the French youth need to be made to understand that France is now part of Africa due to mass immigration.
NOW - France's Macron: "I want the youth of France to understand that our fate is tied with the African continent's fate, that we will succeed with Africa." pic.twitter.com/MuNunRUIEj
— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) May 12, 2026“I have no regrets. I have immense ambition for this continent that I love, which is a treasure for the world, the youngest and most dynamic continent on the planet. I want our young people in France to understand that their future is bound up in this continent. Africa will succeed, and we will succeed alongside it.”
"...There are some 17 million French people who were part of the African Diaspora. So we are part of this continent. It is a great chance for us as French. There are millions of French people who are French Malian or French Algerian or French Senegalese. So we have this great chance to be able to succeed alongside the African continent..."
France has been overwhelmed by third world immigration in the past decade. Around 11% of the population is foreign born. They represent around 20% of all welfare recipients in the country and have a poverty rate of 32%. They also make up nearly 20% of all homicide suspects, 15% of all sexual assault suspects and 40% of all property crime.
Surprisingly, Macron admitted during the summit that a large percentage of revenues to African nations actually come from remittances. Immigrants travel to Europe, siphon money from the economy and send the cash back to their families in Africa. It is a little known fact that remittances from the immigrant invasion into western nations are absolutely integral to the economies of the third world. Without this cash transfer many of these economies would collapse.
The third world has been feeding on the west for generations, not just through remittances, but a steady flow of foreign aid. Macron, however, presents this dynamic as if it's a good thing.
“First, we need to be realistic about the main source of financial flows towards African countries: remittances from the African diaspora. They come from all those who have emigrated, who are working hard in many countries to send money back to their families. These flows exceed the aid provided by governments.”
The notion that mass immigration is necessary for western countries to remain economically viable is consistently debunked. Third world populations take far more than they contribute, and they do not add any significant relief for the labor pool (unemployment rates continue to climb in Europe because of the influx of foreign nationals). Europe is also experiencing growth deceleration and economic stagnation.
Migrants bring nothing to the table, yet, European leaders continue to gaslight their respective populations with tales of multicultural Utopia. Any day now, this magical future will arrive...
Tyler Durden Thu, 05/14/2026 - 02:45Striking difference between Trump-Xi summit in 2026 and 2017: expert
Zuby Ejiofor improves NBA draft stock with solid shooting combine
Chelsea Handler says ‘something’s wrong’ with men as she rips modern dating culture
Chelsea Handler says ‘something’s wrong’ with men as she rips modern dating culture
The UK's New Multinational Naval Initiative Aims To Contain Russia In The Arctic & Baltic
General Sir Gwyn Jenkins, head of the British Royal Navy, announced that his counterparts from the 10-nation Joint Expeditionary Taskforce comprised of the UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and the Netherlands agreed to create “a family of allied fleets”. Officially known as the “Northern Navies Initiative” (NNI), it’s explicitly aimed at containing Russia in the Arctic and Baltic. This represents the evolution of the UK’s Arctic-Baltic policy that was elaborated on last summer here.
Estonia, at the far end of the Baltic Sea in proximity to St. Petersburg, was identified as the eastern lynchpin of this strategy with Greenland now becoming its western one. The inclusion of (for now still Denmark’s) Greenland, Iceland, and of course the UK hypothetically enables this “family of allied fleets” to monitor the so-called GIUK gap, which is Russia’s Arctic gateway to the Atlantic. Denmark also controls the Baltic Straits so the NNI can indeed potentially blockade Russia to an extent.
As was explained here last month, however, any blockade would be an act of war that could prompt Russia to consider resorting to kinetic action in self-defense if its warnings go unheeded. Nevertheless, just like the US has (reportedly imperfectly) blockaded Iran, so too is it preparing to blockade China at the Strait of Malacca one day through its new military partnership with Indonesia and might thus also approve of the UK-led NNI preparing to blockade Russia in the GIUK gap and Baltic Straits one day too.
It’s impossible to predict what exactly might happen, let alone the precise sequence of events that could unfold, but three more points of insight can be shared about the NNI for observers’ benefit. The first is that Poland is still conspicuously absent from the Joint Expeditionary Taskforce, the basis upon which the NNI is being assembled, despite it being formed in late 2014. That might be due to Poland then beginning its most recent period of conservative-nationalist rule after the liberal-globalists lost power.
The conservative-nationalists prioritize the US as Poland’s top partner while the liberal-globalists prioritize Germany. Since late 2023, former dual British citizen Radek Sikorski returned to his post as Polish Foreign Minister, yet Poland still didn’t join the taskforce even though critics consider him to be the UK’s agent of influence. That might be due to Poland’s neglected navy, but new joint drills with Sweden and technical cooperation with the UK raise the chances of its future membership.
The second point of insight is that “The Russian Navy Deterred Estonia From Boarding Its ‘Shadow Fleet’” by now escorting such vessels in the Gulf of Finland, the policy of which could hypothetically be scaled to include more ships through the Baltic and Arctic as well for deterring the NNI. And finally, Russia’s Black Sea ports, the North-South Transport Corridor through Iran, a potential complementary corridor through Afghanistan-Pakistan, and Vladivostok serve as alternative routes to the sea.
Even though this last point means that any US-backed and UK-led NNI blockade of Russia in the Arctic and Baltic would be manageable, the latter conditional on the continued free passage of ships between St. Petersburg and Kaliningrad, Russia is unlikely to accept its imposition and would likely push back.
Accordingly, the risk of a hot NATO-Russian war breaking out at sea as opposed to NATO’s Eastern Flank in Central & Eastern Europe is growing, which adds another dangerous dynamic to the New Cold War.
Tyler Durden Thu, 05/14/2026 - 02:00